Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Already Know

Out of left field comes this Nas collaboration with the brains behind the Thong Song, Tim & Bob. The duo has also worked with the likes Boyz II Men and the Isley Brothers, and even Nas previously on the remix to Bobby Valentino's Slow Down, but I don't think this was expected. The production has an odd boudoir-Wudang Mountains feel to it, as Nas provides three female-concerned verses of varying quality. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm going out on a very hopeful limb and saying this is not for Hip-Hop Is Dead. Perhaps it's for Corny R&B-Styled Hooks Should Be Killed.

[NAS]
Man, Prince was a pimp
Apollonia, Vanity, Shelia E had me on the edge of insanity
Swore if I made it in music, I'd be similar
Here I am, this is the future, I'm where the women are
Rocking with Tim & Bob, y'all need me, shine the spotlight up
In the sky then like Batman, I pops right up
This is Nas, hate if you must hate
Been hot since the days of cassette tapes
T-Shirts over the thermal, drifting on memories
Sipping that Hennessy, 4-5th in my denim jeans
She told me she wants my eyelashes
When we hump, I grunt, just like a Bullmastiff
They call me the best whoever did it
Only in the club one minute, guess who I slid wit'
A chocolate dyke, ghetto thing, sweet
We gon' pop tonight, bon appetit

You know
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who's the nastiest, sexiest, thug of 'em all
Seen her in the mall, she was wearing
Comme Des Garcon ??? cherie cologne
She was looking very alone
Till this big weightlifting Mr. Universe clone
Starts grabbing her arm
But she can't stop looking, I'm in the zone
One look at the kid, she's taking off her stone
Cash crazy, ass crazy, hair long
The baby amaze me because I'm in rare form
She like an ice cold bowl of Post Honeycomb
Followed me in the shop while I cop Nina Simone
Tapped me on the shoulder, I told her I'm on the phone
I played it off well - nobody was on the cell, shit, she set the tone
She said, "Excuse me Mr. So-And-So, should I leave you alone?"

You know
Lover not a fighter
I'm the vagina-lining reconstructer, bed sheet-ruffler
For your freak girls undercover, who love's ya?
I'm not a priest, don't front for me
But step in my confessional
That's the bedroom, to tell the truth I be impressed you don't wait
Before you pass your collection plate
Show me you a professional, so we straight
She tried to kiss my lips, but no, I don't do that
Want me to kiss her lips, but not with a new jack
Few stacks, spend my chips, yeah, I do that
See, the problem with ya women is . . .
Look, I got 'em
You can hear a mouse piss on cotton
You don't wanna miss it, then listen
Stop stressing a man, we out to get as much sex as we can
And you roll with the plan, shortie, you live
Uh, but you gotta leave, it's 2:45

Nas: I Already Know
BONUS: Bobby Valentino f/ Nas: Slow Down (remix)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

meant to say, better than mysogynist shit like big pimpin'

November 30, 2006 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"this is nas, hate if you must hate
been hot since the days of cassette tapes"

good line in an otherwise pretty weak song, i mean, bullmastiff? mirror mirror on the wall? haha, better this isnt on the album.

November 30, 2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger Fletch said...

I think the first verse is on point, and I actually liked the Bullmastiff line. The big ol' WTF part to me is "She like an ice cold bowl of Post Honeycomb" lol . . . Second and third verse are pretty neglible, and as to anyonymous1, I'm pretty sure that third verse especially can be construed as misogynistic.

And I took the "Mirror Mirror" line to be a Slick Rick reference.

November 30, 2006 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post Honeycomb??? Ice cold at that? I didn't even know there was such a thing as ice cold cereal.

November 30, 2006 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah this shit is ite. It aint that bad. I could bump this once in a blue when a shorty is around...

December 01, 2006 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I took the "Mirror Mirror" line to be a Slick Rick reference

agree. and whoever said they were feelin it u not alone. shit is kinda nice

December 01, 2006 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it will be nice if this is on the album cause it will make it more well rounded and I like it i will rock it.

December 01, 2006 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo I don't care what y'all cats say I'm feelin' that joint lol!!! I've been a fan of Tim & Bob's production since I first copped Bobby Valentino's album [which I thought was a good a** R & B album] and I really like that joint. That's some smooth sh*t right there. In my humble I think it would ashame if that's not on the album.

Fletch what is this from? Is it fairly new or something that they went in2 the studio and did right around the time NAS dropped his verse on the "Slow Down" remix? I agree with Anonymous> i think that joint would round the album out just right.

December 01, 2006 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song is hot! Whoever doesn't like it, don't know good music.

December 01, 2006 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this guy nas is to the point man you can't fade this guy. no body out there is as poetic as the son.

December 02, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger neo said...

I don't care what anyone says, I LIKE THIS SONG!

December 06, 2006 1:10 PM  

<< Home