Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Everything I Love

When it leaks, it pours.

Tonight's new Nas comes in the form of a collaboration with Puff Daddy (see: Diddy), while Cee-Lo (see: Gnarls Barkley) does the hook, and Kanye West (see: George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People) supplies the horn-heavy production. Puff's verse carries a God complex and a mention of "ether", so we can safely assume Nas had something to do with it. As for what he says himself, Nas' go is an old-fashioned bragging turn, mostly built around two or three word long phrases. This one will probably have its fans and detractors equally, and while it does go on long, you have to at least chuckle at the Liz Taylor line. Swaggerific!

[NAS]
The Queens crypt keeper
Mets hat-rocker
Pretty bitch-slobber
Ex-robber, heister
My own life biographer
Pants-sagging
Bentley-whipping
Summer Jam-stopper
Timb, Chuck-wearing
Cranapple vodka
Then I spray choppers
A doctor
In the jungles
Of Haiti made me
Draped in Paisley
Bandana, suits
With Adams, Stacey
Cigar like Dick Tracy
It's dark, I get spacey
Alcohol and laced weed
That was part of my 80's
Them Cartier consiglieres
Beware of me
Canary amber cuts in my pinky yearly
Liz Taylor tried to jux me
'Cause I keep it green
Like the other side of Bill Bixby
When he gets mean
Think fast before I blast holes
Like Grassy Knoll
Went from scraggly ol' clothes
To the illest fashion and realest rapping
Pablo, back on the scene
Won't roll 'bacco with green
Strictly paper
Cruising through The Strip in Vegas
Two of New York's biggest
Niggas, y'all used to hate us
But now you love us
Nas and Diddy, power hustlers

Diddy f/ Cee-Lo, Nas: Everything I Love

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wack beat, that shit is all jumbled.

Nas verse is tight though...

September 27, 2006 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at the begin the beat is songing like that common first single. Nas came nice seem like he wrote diddy vesre too.

RTA Nas got you workin hard.

September 27, 2006 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really feeling this song. As soon as Diddy started it was obvious that Nas at least had something to do with it. Not as obvious as the Monch-penned "Future" or whatever that one was called, but still easy to see. Kanye did his thing, Nas did his thing, Diddy did his thing.

September 27, 2006 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not mastered, you can tell, vintage Nas flow from 95

September 27, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger neo said...

I wish Cee-Lo woulda done more vocally on the hook but I guess it works..so as not to take away from the rappers..dope song..

September 27, 2006 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were diddy's verses written by nas, (seems to be nothing like his usual verses and he has the same swagger and flow as Nas)

October 01, 2006 12:54 AM  

<< Home