Monday, November 06, 2006

One Blood (remix)

What did I say about The Game? He may not be the most graceful rapper ever, but he's got balls where others have Chris Brown duets, and respect for Hip-Hop's history where others have only short-term memories. Accordingly, the first single from his all-important sophomore album, Doctor's Advocate, wasn't just some generic copy and paste copout. It was One Blood, a solid street look, a real left turn for someone in his position. Now, recalling The Luniz's 5 On It, he's remixed One Blood in grand posse cut fashion, with more than twenty rappers on board--Nas included.

[NAS]
Game got at me about the remix, it's an honor, my nigga
I made rap one blood, that's why I'm signing with Jigga???
I got rappers getting mad at me
I got these new jack rappers tryna clap at me
I got these corny wannabe diss song kings
On the radio talking about how they gon' spray or take me away
But I'm the true living legend, I'm not to be questioned
Have your whole hood holler ??? about my profession

The Game f/ Hip-Hop: One Blood (remix)

*NOTE: Lyrics?--Fletch

9 Comments:

Blogger Fletch said...

The lineup (I think): Jim Jones; Snoop Dogg; Nas; T.I.; The Game; Fat Joe; Lil' Wayne; Noreaga; Jadakiss & Styles P; Fabolous; Juelz Santana; Rick Ross; Twista; Kurupt; Daz; Dub C; E-40; Bun B; Chamillionaire; Slim Thug; Young Dro; Pusha T & Malice; Ja Rule.

Did Joe just come the hardest? lol I gotta listen again. Twista and the Clipse are up there too.

Who you got?

November 06, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger PatrĂ³n said...

lil wayne is gar-bage

nas verse was nice

November 06, 2006 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see...

Nas verse reads dope, but his delivery was just average.
Fat Joe was surprisingly nice on this.
It was nice to hear NORE in english again.
Jada and Styles got chemistry for days
Juelz ended his verse with a nice quotable ("mama told me not to play with fire, but she never told me I would grow to be a lighter")
E-40 is beyond wack
What happened to Bun-B dominating remixes and guest spots? He was alright, but he used to be absolutely nasty.
Where the fuck did this version of Ja Rule come from? Damn. He didn't suck at all.


Disappointed that Crooked I didn't show up as the rumours were saying. He would've ripped it guaranteed.

November 06, 2006 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take back my comments on Bun-B, the verse was real nice. I just expect to much from Bun-B being as he always kills it.

November 06, 2006 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joint is boring, the line up is so so, some good some wackness, the verses range from weak to decent posse cut verses.

November 07, 2006 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nas did his thing

thx for the lyrics as usual

1

November 07, 2006 5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kiss & p take it

November 07, 2006 5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuckin T.I. screams over the end of NaS's verse. ill remix tho.

November 07, 2006 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lox and Clipse kill it

November 17, 2006 10:13 PM  

<< Home